The trip will depart from Austin at 8am Sunday July 30th from my house (1607B Coronado Hills Dr. 78752). We will drive straight through to New Mexico and be climbing in the Mountains of New Mexico on the 31st. We will return Tuesday August 8th, probably arriving sometime around 11pm, back at my house. We will have 6 days of climbing two rest days to enjoy in the Mountains near El Rito, NM. We will spend at least one rest day at Ojo Caliente Mineral Hot Springs. Most meals are included except for travel days and rest days. Max number of participants will be set at 10 and the minimum number of participants needed will be 4.
What to bring:
- Around $150 spending cash (travel day and rest day meals and rest day activities)
- Sleeping bag and sleeping pad
- Personal toiletry items and towel
- Personal mess kit (cup, plate, bowl, eating utensils)
- Clothing and outerwear suitable for Summer time weather in the Rockies/High Desert (it can get cold at night, like low 40’) layering is the key
- Personal climbing equipment (shoes, harness, chalkbag)
- At least two 1 liter water bottles
- Fun active things to do on rest days and books to read
- Personal favorite snack items
- Running shoes, approach shoes and flip-flops
- Suitable Climbing/day pack
The deadline to register for the trip is Thursday July 23rd. Registration= email confirmation that you will be doing the trip. Payment can be made by cash or check (payable to John Myrick). If necessary I can also take payment via Paypal. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need more information.
If you are interested in going, put your name on the google doc so Coach John has a headcount.